In an effort to make Junior Bridge as good as it can be, a program to reward outstanding junior members for their efforts on behalf of junior bridge has been established. The Junior Ambassadors are part of the updated Junior Division.
Information has been sent on April 1 to teachers with school programs, unit and district presidents and education liaisons asking them to help publicize the Junior Ambassadors program. Specific criteria for nominating someone follows.
Please note that the number of appointments per district each calendar year will not exceed 10% of the total junior membership for that district. Nominations can come from any ACBL member in good standing over the age of 25 between April 1 and June 1.
All nominations for the Junior Ambassadors must be approved by the respective District Director and then forwarded to the Education Department (firstname.lastname@example.org) for confirmation. Appointments will be made each year at the summer NABC, at the Junior Reception.
Profile of an ACBL Junior Ambassador:
- Must be 20 to 25 years of age
- Must be an ACBL member in good standing for over one year
- Must be willing to support promotional efforts to advertise and promote the ACBL Junior Division and the ACBL Youth Division
- Must be approved by their District Director
Criteria to be considered for nomination; junior player should exhibit many of these traits:
- Encouraging and supportive of youth activities
- Inspires younger players
- Mentors other youth players
- Participates in ACBL sanctioned events
- Works within their community to expand awareness of bridge
- Creates learning opportunities in their school or community
- Assists adult teachers in bridge classes and camps
- Displays ethical behavior and good sportsmanship
Click here to see the Junior Ambassadors.